Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For fans of cafeteria cuisine. Cooking time for hard boiled eggs not included in preparation time. From Luby's 50th Anniversary Recipe Collection cookbook.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 hard-boiled extra-large eggs, cut into thin slices
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olives or 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing, store bought preferred
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, half the eggs, half the onions, and half the olives.
- Toss lightly.
- Garnish with remaining eggs, onions, and olives.
- Cover and chill.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and French dressing until well blended.
- Drizzle over salad.
Totally awesome this salad once i tasted it at luby's reminded me of a egg salad my moms used to make but just with eggs and ham so i wanted to make it and i did go by ur recipe but i added some ham and shredded cheese which totally made it more delicious so thank you very much for this recipe
This was FANTASTIC! I prepared it a little differently than the recipe directed however. I put the chopped lettuce into bowls. I then finely chopped the egg and minced the onion. I added sliced green olives and salted and peppered liberally. I cut the amount of mayonnaise and french dressing in half and mixed with the egg mixture. I placed a mound of the "egg salad" mixture on the chopped lettuce in the bowls and garnished with paprika and parsley. A whole pimento stuffed olive on top. It was visually and also very palate pleasing. I will make this VERY often. Thank you for sharing it Molly.