Recipe by mollypaul
For fans of cafeteria cuisine. Cooking time for hard boiled eggs not included in preparation time. From Luby's 50th Anniversary Recipe Collection cookbook.
Top Review by texasbustbw
Totally awesome this salad once i tasted it at luby's reminded me of a egg salad my moms used to make but just with eggs and ham so i wanted to make it and i did go by ur recipe but i added some ham and shredded cheese which totally made it more delicious so thank you very much for this recipe
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 hard-boiled extra-large eggs, cut into thin slices
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olives or 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing, store bought preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, half the eggs, half the onions, and half the olives.
- Toss lightly.
- Garnish with remaining eggs, onions, and olives.
- Cover and chill.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and French dressing until well blended.
- Drizzle over salad.