Recipe by mollypaul
A rich and lovely cake with a little citrus zing courtesy of We Love Recipes for fans of cafeteria cuisine.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3 cups flour, sifted with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then add sour cream and milk, mixing until smooth.
- Blend flour mixture into batter with a rubber spatula, stir in the extracts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake 1 hour 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from pan and cool on a rack.
- Lemon Sauce:.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake just prior to serving.