Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For cafeteria fans. A true Southern favorite.
Make and share this Luby's Cafeteria Jefferson Davis Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly blend sugar, flour and nutmeg.
- Stir in half and half.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Add lemon juice, peel and margarine.
- Beat well to blend.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes until center is almost firm (pie will continue to firm up during the cooling process).
- If the pie crust edges brown too quickly, cover with strips of aluminum foil.
- Serve with whipped cream.
The directions read to add margarine, but there is no margarine listed in the ingredients. I went to Luby's site and there is also no mention of margarine in the ingredients -- so I used 1 stick, melted, of butter. The pie turned out great and is very sweet, so a little slice with real whipped cream on top is enough to satisfy. Very good. Thanks for posting.