Recipe by Toni in Colorado
Luby's is a chain cafeteria in Texas and is a favorite of my sister-in-law in San Antonio. She knows I collect cookbooks so she sent me one Luby's put out in 1996. This dish is easy and very pleasing to the eye. Make sure the chicken pieces are not too thick as the coating would cook faster than the inside. I serve this with packaged Pasta Roni, steamed asparagus and garlic bread. This is as printed in the book for 8; I guessed on the ingredients for cutting down for 2.
Top Review by OCMom1
This was easy fast and tasty. I ended up using too thick of chicken so next time I'll pound them down to a thinness that'll cook faster, but the coating was still flavorful. If you have all the ingrediants, it's actually a pretty quick week night dinner entree.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup parsley flakes
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 7 ounces Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry chicken breasts.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 cups flour, dried parsley flakes, grated parmesan cheese and dressing mix and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well blended. (Use extra large eggs.).
- Place remaining 1 cup flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip into milk mixture, then into cheese mixture, coating evenly and pressing into chicken.
- Heat about 1/8 inch oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.