Recipe by mollypaul
For fans of cafeteria cuisine courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
Top Review by Kim D.
Molly, this chicken was fantastic! My family loves Luby's so I figured this recipe would be hit and I was right! I halved the recipe, but other than that I followed the recipe as written. The chicken was moist and tender. It went great with Recipe #129971 and Recipe #113229. This will be a regular dinner in my house from now on. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, combine mozzarella, 2 cups of flour, parsley flakes, Parmesan and dressing mix; blend well.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well-blended.
- Place remaining flour in another shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess; dip into milk mixture, then into cheese mixture, coating evenly and pressing into chicken.
- Heat about 1/8 inch oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.