Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of their "most requested recipes". Be sure to thoroughly drain pineapple in a wire strainer BEFORE measuring.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, granulated
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed pineapple, canned, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked (your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and cornmeal until well blended.
- Add drained pineapple, coconut, and vanilla, mixing well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out "almost" clean (filling will be very moist).
What a fantastic pie! We somehow ended up with a couple hundred pounds of crushed pineapple due to an ordering mistake and I have been slowing dwindling our supply with this. It never seems to get old and it is a super easy recipe, even when making 12 pies at a time.
Mmmmmm............What a yummy recipe! Served it with a dollop of whipped cream on top for added decadence. I had a really ripe, fresh pineapple, so I cut it up in pieces the size of canned-crushed, but still left it to drain- pushing out some of the juices. I also cut the sugar down to 1 cup (my p'apple was sweet). This is a definite "make again".
Very Good. This would be great for potlucks and picnics. Very rarely will you find a pineapple pie and you are sure to stir up both the gossip and the tastebuds! very easy to make!