Recipe by mollypaul
For fans of cafeteria cuisine. These lightly-sweetened cloverleaf rolls complement any entree. There wouldn't be any reason that this couldn't be made in the bread machine on the dough cycle.
- 1 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (110°F)
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, not spread or tub product,melted,plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add eggs and butter.
- Using dough hook of electric mixer, beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sugar, dry milk, and salt; mix well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until dough begins to pull away from side of bowl.
- Lightly grease top of dough with oil.
- Cover loosely and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Lightly grease 12 medium muffin cups.
- Punch dough down.
- Divide dough evenly into 12 pieces.
- Divide each piece into 3 balls and place in muffin cup.
- Let rise in warm place 1 hour.
- While dough is rising for the second time, preheat oven to 350°F Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.