1/2 Photos of Luby's Cafeteria Chocolate Chess Pie
For those enchanted with cafeteria food. Chocolate lovers will especially enjoy this richly flavored version of the South's classic Chess Pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter (if using margarine, not spread or tub product) or 1/3 cup margarine, melted (if using margarine, not spread or tub product)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk (not sweetened, condensed milk)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ounce German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells or 1 refrigerated ready-made pie crust
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, butter, and cocoa.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 5Add evaporated milk, corn syrup, chocolate, and vanilla.
- 6Mix well.
- 7If using refrigerated crust, unroll and place into pie pan.
- 8Pour batter into pie shell.
- 9Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- 10Do not overbake.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luby's Cafeteria Chocolate Chess Pie
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g