Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A tasty twist on regular chicken for the fans of cafeteria cuisine courtesy of copykat.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup tartar sauce (either store bought or recipe of your choice)
- 4 pieces thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Pound chicken breasts until they are 1/2" thick.
- Mix spices with plain breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Dust chicken with breadcrumbs, dip in milk, then dip chicken breast back in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Place chicken in heated fry pan.
- Fry breast on medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on heatproof serving tray.
- Spread each breast with 1 1/2 Tablespoon of tartar sauce.
- Place ham on chicken followed by a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place chicken in oven or microwave just long enough to heat and melt cheese.
- Serve with you favorite salad or side vegetable.
Yummy! This was so easy to make and the whole family loved it. Used Recipe #170190 and crushed organic stuffing mix cause I was out of breadcrumbs. Thanks, Molly, for sharing the recipe!
This was delicious. I had to use canadian bacon instead of the ham, since I forgot to get ham at the store while shopping. I also used Tartar Sauce That Makes You Scream... Oh Yes! (Tarter Sauce) for the sauce. :)