Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A tasty twist on regular chicken for the fans of cafeteria cuisine courtesy of copykat.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup tartar sauce (either store bought or recipe of your choice)
- 4 pieces thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Pound chicken breasts until they are 1/2" thick.
- Mix spices with plain breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Dust chicken with breadcrumbs, dip in milk, then dip chicken breast back in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Place chicken in heated fry pan.
- Fry breast on medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on heatproof serving tray.
- Spread each breast with 1 1/2 Tablespoon of tartar sauce.
- Place ham on chicken followed by a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place chicken in oven or microwave just long enough to heat and melt cheese.
- Serve with you favorite salad or side vegetable.
Yummy! This was so easy to make and the whole family loved it. Used Tartar Sauce That Makes You Scream... Oh Yes! and crushed organic stuffing mix cause I was out of breadcrumbs. Thanks, Molly, for sharing the recipe!
This was delicious. I had to use canadian bacon instead of the ham, since I forgot to get ham at the store while shopping. I also used Tartar Sauce That Makes You Scream... Oh Yes! (Tarter Sauce) for the sauce. :)