Recipe by mollypaul
For fans of cafeteria food from Luby's 50th Anniversary Recipe Collection. Softening time for cream cheese and chilling time after baking not included in the preparation/cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (if using margarine, NOT spread or tub product)
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh fruit, of your choice,for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix just until well blended; do not overmix.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with fruit, if desired.