Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
For fans of cafeteria food from Luby's 50th Anniversary Recipe Collection. Softening time for cream cheese and chilling time after baking not included in the preparation/cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (if using margarine, NOT spread or tub product)
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh fruit, of your choice,for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix just until well blended; do not overmix.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with fruit, if desired.