A mouthwatering, savory soup courtesy of the Houston chronicle for fans of cafeteria cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1.5 (12 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 2 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1.5 (12 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 3 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- tortilla chips (to garnish)
- shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a large pot.
- 2Crush tomatoes by hand and add with juice to broth.
- 3Add cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, corn, and American cheese.
- 4Bring to a boil again.
- 5Dissolve cornstarch in cup of cool water in small bowl.
- 6Add to boiling soup slowly while stirring constantly.
- 7Let simmer 10 minutes.
- 8While soup simmers, sauté ground beef in skillet with chopped onion.
- 9Drain off any grease.
- 10Turn soup off, and add cooked beef mixture.
- 11Serve with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luby's Cafeteria Beef Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 676.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: