Miss Annie's Note:
This is a most requested recipe from the Luby's Cafeteria posted in response to a request. Prep time includes soaking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak liver in cold salted water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned.
- 4Sprinkle with salt.
- 5Keep warm.
- 6In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well blended.
- 7Place bread crumbs in separate shallow bowl.
- 8Rinse liver under cool running water.
- 9Pat dry with paper towels.
- 10Dip into milk mixture, then into bread crumbs, coating evenly.
- 11Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 12Add liver and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 13Top with onions.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luby's Cafeteria Beef Liver and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1157.1
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 1727.8 mg
- Sodium 887.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 133.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: