Recipe by mollypaul
For fans of cafeteria cuisine. Long, slow cooking makes these ribs extra tender and tasty. The spicy-sweet sauce makes them extra special.
Top Review by llk2day
We had some boneless Pork ribs left over from last nights BBQ. So I can't rate the cooking of the ribs. I rated the sauce only. I found very tasteful myself. Now the old guy I live with said to much vinegar for his taste. So next time I will try the mild rice vinegar instead, then both of us will be happy.
- 8 lbs pork spareribs, cut into 1 lb pieces
- 1⁄4 cup seasoning salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed frozen peaches, drained
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- For ribs, remove and discard excess fat.
- Arrange in baking pan large enough to hold in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake 2 hours or until ribs are cooked through and meat is tender.
- Brush with honey and continue baking 5 minutes.
- For sauce: beat peaches in medium saucepan with an electric mixer at high speed for 5 minutes or until fairly smooth.
- In custard cup or small bowl, add about 2 teaspoons of the vinegar to ginger, stirring to form a paste.
- Continue adding vinegar, a small amount at a time, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Add to peaches.
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture simmers.
- Serve with ribs.