1/2 Photos of Luby's Cafeteria Baked Corned Beef Brisket W/ Sour Cream New Pot
4 hrs 15 mins
I am posting this recipe for safe keeping and to share with all. I have prepared corn beef by boiling in seasoned water and then finishing off the dish in the oven with a glaze. I love the extra flavor that the glaze brings to the corn beef....so I just have to try it this way. I have not tried potatoes in the way described here, but the next time I prepare corn beef this whole recipe as written will be tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- 2In a roasting pan with a cover, place the meat. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 3-1/2 hours or until tender.
- 3Remove from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and mustard. Spread the mixture over the meat. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 5In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in enough water to cover for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 6In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, butter/margarine, horseradish, salt, and white pepper.
- 7Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Using a rubber scraper, mix gently to coat evenly. Serve with the meat.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luby's Cafeteria Baked Corned Beef Brisket W/ Sour Cream New Pot
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.2
- Calories from Fat 602
- Total Fat 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 277.9 mg
- Sodium 2794.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 46.8 g