Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I am posting this recipe for safe keeping and to share with all. I have prepared corn beef by boiling in seasoned water and then finishing off the dish in the oven with a glaze. I love the extra flavor that the glaze brings to the corn beef....so I just have to try it this way. I have not tried potatoes in the way described here, but the next time I prepare corn beef this whole recipe as written will be tried.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- In a roasting pan with a cover, place the meat. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 3-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and mustard. Spread the mixture over the meat. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in enough water to cover for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, butter/margarine, horseradish, salt, and white pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Using a rubber scraper, mix gently to coat evenly. Serve with the meat.
Excellent! We're making it this way every year now. We used a flat roast so it made beautiful slices for sandwiches tomorrow. Loved the sweet glaze though the pan was a little messy to clean up. The potatoes were also fantastic. We chopped them in small pieces and added extra horseradish. Thanx Sandylee!
Sooooo good. This is how I will make it from now on. Served with roasted cabbage and Molten Chocolate Cakes With Irish Cream for dessert.
This recipe is positively phenomenal!I was so relieved to have fond it after combing throu so many laborious and 10 hours of bring. Also. given that corned beed is so salty, the idea of adding more salty brining seems very unhealthy. Thankyou so much for this recipe.