Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Luby's 50th Anniversary Cookbook.
- 2 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Use as a basting sauce and topping for meats and poultry including chicken and turkey; beef roasts, steaks, and ribs; meat loaves and hamburgers; pork roasts, chops, tenderloin, and ribs; and bratwurst and hot dogs. 4°C.