1/4 Photos of Lubbers Jerk Chicken With Peach Salsa
6 hrs 40 mins
When yer galleon be perched in dry dock to be having her barnacles scraped that do be the time to enjoy yer neighbors fresh chickens (be sure ye be leavin' no trail of feathers to yer shack!). Don't rush it, Let it soak in the goodness of yer larder then ye'll have some grub to remember on yer next voyage matey. Plan to start this fine feast the day before. Prep time is the marinating time. Created for Raiders of the Lost Pantry Contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and stems removed (use Scotch bonnets or habaneros if you really want to heat things up)
- 6 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 2-inches, thickly sliced
- 2 large limes, juice of
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 canned peach halves (very well dried with paper towels and diced)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons honey (can use more if you like more sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell peppers (same size dice as the peaches)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions or 2 tablespoons sweet onions
- 2Put allspice, thyme, coconut, garlic, chiles, scallions, peppercorns, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and lime juice in a blender or food processor and grind to a rough paste.
- 3Put chicken in a baking dish, add seasoning paste and coat chicken well, using a spoon to turn and rub it.
- 4Cover and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- 5Heat oven to 350 degrees and bring chicken to room temperature. Turn chicken once more in marinade to coat well, then put baking dish in the oven, uncovered. Bake for 40 mins or up 1 hour, until well browned and juices run clear (start checking at 40 mins, you don't want it overcooked and dry and smaller pieces will take less time). Put dish under the broiler for just a minute or so to char chicken slightly. Remove and serve with the peach salsa (and coconut rice, if desired).
- 6PEACH SALSA:.
- 7Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until serving time.
- 8The flavor is best if the salsa is refrigerated for 6 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lubbers Jerk Chicken With Peach Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 734.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: