Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was brought to my recipe swap groups' Laua themed night. I haven't made them, but did eat them. Very good!
- 1 (40 ounce) can yams (the large one.)
- 2 bananas, sliced sprinkled with
- lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 ounces chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place yams in an ovenproof dish and add bananas.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except nuts.
- Pour over yams and bananas.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
Very sweet! The recipe doesn't specify to drain the yams, it should be drained, other wise you'll have to much liquid. I did drained the yams and still was a lot of liquid. Next time, I'll drain the pineapple as well. Will use less sugar.