1/2 Photos of Luau Restaurant Celestial Chicken With Supreme Sauce
ace7455 #2's Note:
This is a recipe from the Luau restaurant in Memphis TN from the 60's&70's. The Luau was a polynesian restraunt with a tropical themed decor. Think Mai Tai's and cheesy Hawaiian boxed in music. But to us Memphians and the yearly prom goers, it was an escape! Anyway this dish is easy and so soul satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh chopped)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 -6 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 inch strips.
- 2Place sesame seeds in a dry skillet -- toast over medium heat until you can smell the oils escape. 5 minutes.
- 3Combine salt, flour, paprika and black pepper and sesame seeds.
- 4Dip chicken strips into half and half then dredge in seasoned flour.
- 5Heat canola oil in frying pan to 375 degrees.
- 6Add chicken strips not to crowd and fry til golden brown.
- 7Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 8SUPREME SAUCE.
- 91/4 cup butter.
- 106 chicken bouillon cubes.
- 111 1/2 cups half and half.
- 121/4cup flour.
- 131/2 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 141 1/2 cup water.
- 15Dissolve bouillon cubes in water.
- 16Melt butter in saucepan.
- 17Blend flour and cayenne, add to butter making a roux.
- 18Add chicken boullion stirring constantly until mixture has come to a full boil.
- 19Lower heat to medium -- and very slowly add half and half. Whisking throughly to avoid lumps.
- 20TO SERVE.
- 21Toss hot cooked rice and maybe a tbl of butter with parsley and mound on a platter.
- 22Place chicken strips atop rice and drizzle supreme sauce over all.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luau Restaurant Celestial Chicken With Supreme Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 994.9
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.5 mg
- Sodium 2890.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 40.1 g