Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was originally called "Chicken Delight" and came from my mother. I don't know where she got it from. I re-named it "Luau Chicken" for use at a Hawaiian themed party.
- Depending on how many people you have, you can increase or decrease this recipe very easily.
- Put the drummettes or wings or chicken pieces in a baking dish.
- Mix the dressing with packaged dry onion soup mix and can (s) of whole berry cranberries.
- If you are making this for a few people, just use one bottle of dressing, one can of cranberries, and one envelope of onion soup mix.
- Increase portions for more drummetes or wings.
- Pour mix of dressing, cranberries and soup over the drummettes or wings, and bake at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes.
Simple and completely delicious. The day I made this for dinner, I went to take a shower, and my husband arrived home while I was showering. I caught him, fork in hand, over the chicken, devouring it. Between the gulps I gathered he was wild about this recipe. He even mentioned it the next morning. Thanks for posting. It's perfect.
I had even less excuse than most - because of cooking for two I had half a can of cranberry sauce and half a pkg of onion soup mix sitting around. It was easy, the chicken was tender, but the sauce was just "off"; I think because of the onion soup. If I tried it again it would be without that.