Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I prepare and bake this in my cast iron skillet or you can pour the meat mixture into a 9-inch square dish or pie plate. This is an excellent way to serve Sloppy Joe's to the young 'uns; less mess and my grandchildren love it. OK, so don't the adults as well. Preparation and cook times are guesstimated as Zaar requires them.
- Brown ground beef or turkey in a large skillet. Drain fat.
- Stir in Seasoning, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish or pie plate.
- While meat mixture is simmering prepare cornbread batter according to package directions; spoon over meat mixture.
- Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes, or until cornbread topping is golden brown.