Battle in Seattle's Note:
As simple as this is, people seem to love it. I made them for my friend, Devon's, baby shower and had several requests for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb loaf rye bread (avg. 16 slices, can use whatever kind you like best)
- 3/4 lb lox, sliced thin (salt-cured salmon)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning (can substitute celery salt)
- 10 chives, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- red onion, sliced thin (optional)
- capers (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cut crusts off of each piece of bread, then cut each piece in half (doesn't matter which way--you pick the shape). Place pieces of bread in single layer on one or two baking sheets, and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and toasty. Remove bread from oven and cool to room temperature.
- 3Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until no lumps remain. Add milk or cream, and continue whipping until soft and "silky". Add dill, lemon juice and seasoning; whip again and adjust any flavorings to your liking.
- 4TO ASSEMBLE: Spread 1-2 tbsp cream cheese mixture on each piece of toast, then layer a "ribbon" of lox on top. Top lox with a couple/few pieces of chives and it's ready to serve! If preferred, ribbons of red onion and capers could also be used, either on top of the cream cheese or lox--whatever looks best to you.
- 5(There may be some cream cheese mixture left at the end, depending on how much you use. It's great on breakfast bagels, too!).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lox Tea Sandwiches With Dilled Cream Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 722.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beau monde seasoning