Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Alexandra in Guelph, Ontario Province, Canada. Since it uses bread, you could also use a panini press or bacon press on a hot cast-iron skillet.
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3 ounces butter
- 8 ounces lox
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 fresh spinach leaves
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Mix cream cheese with black pepper, red chili flakes and lemon juice until well combined.
- In each serving, place one slice of bread butter side down in the pie iron. Top with 1/4 of cream cheese mixture. Top cream cheese mixture with 1/4 of lox. On top of the lox place 2 spinach leaves. Top with another slice of bread with butter side facing outward and close the pie iron.
- Cook over fire until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!