What does one do when you want bagels and lox and your stubborn manbeast insists on Eggs Benedict? You make this and tell him to shut up.
- Toast bagels. Make more noise than necessary so your manbeast knows you are totally irritated.
- Spread cream cheese on the four bagel halves.
- Layer on top of cream cheese the lox slices.
- Place one poached egg on top of lox slices.
- Pour Hollandaise sauce (I use this simple recipe Recipe #156420) over all.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill.
- Smugly serve with attitude and tell manbeast to shut up.
- Note: Of course this is much higher in fat than the nutritional analysis indicates because of the butter in the hollandaise sauce.