What does one do when you want bagels and lox and your stubborn manbeast insists on Eggs Benedict? You make this and tell him to shut up.
- Toast bagels. Make more noise than necessary so your manbeast knows you are totally irritated.
- Spread cream cheese on the four bagel halves.
- Layer on top of cream cheese the lox slices.
- Place one poached egg on top of lox slices.
- Pour Hollandaise sauce (I use this simple recipe Recipe #156420) over all.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill.
- Smugly serve with attitude and tell manbeast to shut up.
- Note: Of course this is much higher in fat than the nutritional analysis indicates because of the butter in the hollandaise sauce.
Amazing recipe! I used capers to garnish and it was delicious.
I have a manbeast, too, who ate TWO servings of this. Made with homemade lox (http://www.recipezaar.com/Gravlax-57029) and the hollandaise you suggested. GAH! We staggered away from the table.
Ok-- I adore lox and bagels, but I love the story and the narrative just as much as the recipe. This was SOOO decadent--Who woulda thunk to put hollandaise with cream cheese--I'm loving the combo. I did use capers instead of dill, though