Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These look beautiful on a buffet table and go over well. Pass them around as a pre dinner appetizer. It's finger food!
- 32 slices smoked salmon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar red caviar or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar black caviar
- Roll each slice of salmon into a cone shape.
- Place on wax paper.
- Cream the cheese until soft.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Pipe into the wee cones of salmon.
- Top with a tiny spoon of caviar.
- Arrange on a platter and refrigerate until serving time.
We often have this at school on a monday but without the caviar, im not a fan of caviar, but if you are this is simply perfect. Miss Pixie x x x
I made this as a crostini over french bread to match with a dry champagne and it was great! I actually used low fat cream cheese and mixed in chives. I think the structure of the lf cream cheese made it easier to pump into the salmon rolls. Thanks for the simple and elegant appetizer!
Lovely presentation & an idea that will get tried here soon ... Iceland where smoked trout/salmon abound & fishing is a religion. Hint: To elminate trouble handling smoked fish, freezing & then slicing w/your sharpest knife gets you perfect slices every time.