Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great, savory little appetizers inspired by Sandra Lee.
- 2 cucumbers, unwaxed
- 226.79 g container Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 85.04 g package smoked salmon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of, seeds removed
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 0.25 ml salt & fresh ground pepper
- Using a potato peeler, make stripes on the outside of each cucumber by peeling down the length of the cucumber, leaving every other section intact.
- Cut off the ends of cucumber and slice into 1-inch rounds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds and inner flesh from the top 2/3's of each cucumber slice to create a tiny bowl in each piece of cucumber(DO NOT scoop all of the way through); Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine equal parts cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in salmon, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper, combining thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a star 8 tip.
- Pipe the filling generously into each cucumber section.
- Garnish with sprig of dill.
- As an alternative, use red pepper cream cheese.
- Enjoy! ;).
Delightful Tasty Healthy appetizer. I used lite cream cheese and instead of sour cream I used cottage cheese. The cucumbers were Lemon or also known as apple cucumbers - they are very mild and burbless - Lovely appetizer served with my Sunday Martini.