1/4 Photos of Lox and Cream Cheese Stuffed Cucumbers
Mommy Diva's Note:
Great, savory little appetizers inspired by Sandra Lee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a potato peeler, make stripes on the outside of each cucumber by peeling down the length of the cucumber, leaving every other section intact.
- 2Cut off the ends of cucumber and slice into 1-inch rounds.
- 3Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds and inner flesh from the top 2/3's of each cucumber slice to create a tiny bowl in each piece of cucumber(DO NOT scoop all of the way through); Set aside.
- 4In a bowl, combine equal parts cream cheese and sour cream.
- 5Mix in salmon, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper, combining thoroughly.
- 6Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a star 8 tip.
- 7Pipe the filling generously into each cucumber section.
- 8Garnish with sprig of dill.
- 9As an alternative, use red pepper cream cheese.
- 10Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lox and Cream Cheese Stuffed Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & fresh ground pepper