Great, savory little appetizers inspired by Sandra Lee.
Make and share this Lox and Cream Cheese Stuffed Cucumbers recipe from Food.com.
- Using a potato peeler, make stripes on the outside of each cucumber by peeling down the length of the cucumber, leaving every other section intact.
- Cut off the ends of cucumber and slice into 1-inch rounds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds and inner flesh from the top 2/3's of each cucumber slice to create a tiny bowl in each piece of cucumber(DO NOT scoop all of the way through); Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine equal parts cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in salmon, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper, combining thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a star 8 tip.
- Pipe the filling generously into each cucumber section.
- Garnish with sprig of dill.
- As an alternative, use red pepper cream cheese.
- Enjoy! ;).