Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made up this recipe last week and everyone loved it! It's so fast and easy and probably even tastier with regular cream cheese. I used Jarlsberg but you can use any cheese you like. Good recipe for those following a low-carb diet.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 ounces lox, cut in small strips
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup jarlsberg cheese, diced
- Beat eggs. (I find they get fluffier if you beat the yolks and whites separately and then mix them together.) Add milk and stir.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and stir.
- When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle in the cheese, cream cheese, and lox and stir until eggs are just set (don't overcook!).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
So creamy tasting! I estimated amounts of ingredients. The Swiss cheese definitely makes this dish! Never would have thought to combine eggs with cream cheese & lox. Wonderful breakfast, especially on top of toast with hot coffee! Of course I overcooked it a little, but that didn't seem to affect the flavor/consistency. The lox flavor is so subtle, not overwhelming, not salty. A+