I love this recipe! It looks so pretty and tastes so good, this is one of my comfort foods! I don't need an Emeril recipe to prepare lox and cream cheese but it just that it hits the right spot with the right amount of ingredients! Make the Dilled Cucumbers first because they need to be put in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002. Televion Food Network, 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cucumber, peeled, split lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Mixture with Lox
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, no substitutes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 bagels, halved
- butter or margarine, softened
- dilled cucumber
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1Make Dilled Cucumbers:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 3Prepare Lox and a Schmear:.
- 4Place cream cheese, capers, parsley, lemon juice, salt(if using), and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- 5Place 2 slices of the salmon in a cross pattern on a flat surface.
- 6Place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the cross.
- 7Fold the flaps over to form a package approximately 2x2" wide.
- 8Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- 9Spread each bagel half with softened butter or margarine.
- 10Place the package on a bagel half and top with 2 Tablespoons of filled cucumbers and red onion.
- 11Top with the other half of the bagel and make a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lox and a Schmear, Emeril-Style
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 1046.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar