Recipe by Laura Charlonne
I modified an old favorite bran muffin recipe to fit into my Ww points.
Top Review by DuChick
I've made this recipe twice. The first time, as written, the muffins were small, rather hard on the outside but not done on the inside. The next time, I made 3 changes and came out with a great batch of muffins! First, I decreased the Splenda to just one full cup to make a less-sweet muffin; then I added an extra 1/2 cup of boiling water to make a smoother batter; finally I baked the muffins at 350* for 16 minutes. Be sure to not overmix the batter and allow the muffins to cool in the tins before removing to a rack. Reviewed for PAC Fall '11.
- 3 cups Fiber One cereal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups fat free Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (or canned pumpkin, or apple sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup egg beater egg substitute (2 egg whites)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda