Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I modified an old favorite bran muffin recipe to fit into my Ww points.
- 3 cups Fiber One cereal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups fat free Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (or canned pumpkin, or apple sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup egg beater egg substitute (2 egg whites)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix water and yogurt and pour over cereal and salt, mix and let soak.
- Mix sugar, eggs and banana. Add to cereal mix.
- Mix flour and baking soda, add to cereal mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minute.
I've made this recipe twice. The first time, as written, the muffins were small, rather hard on the outside but not done on the inside. The next time, I made 3 changes and came out with a great batch of muffins! First, I decreased the Splenda to just one full cup to make a less-sweet muffin; then I added an extra 1/2 cup of boiling water to make a smoother batter; finally I baked the muffins at 350* for 16 minutes. Be sure to not overmix the batter and allow the muffins to cool in the tins before removing to a rack. Reviewed for PAC Fall '11.