1/1 Photo of Lowfat Creamy Potato Corn Chowder
While reading through some soup recipes online one day, I came across this one and realized that I actually had all the ingredients on hand. Since the weather outside was awful, I whipped up a batch, hoping to thaw out my roommate when she got home from class. She loved it and so has everyone else I've made it for. It never seemed to me that there was enough water to cook the potatoes, corn, and onion, but trust me, there is! Great with bacon or ham, and some cheddar cheese if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, stir together the corn, potato, onion, water, chicken bouillon, and black pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or just until potatoes and corn are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in the half cup of milk and continue to simmer.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together dry milk and flour.
- 5Gradually stir in the 1/4 C of milk until smooth.
- 6Pour the milk and flour mixture into to corn, potato, and onion mixture.
- 7Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- 8Top with cheese and ham or bacon, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lowfat Creamy Potato Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 1259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g