Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Lower sugar recipe, of the AMAZING Oatmeal Caramelita bars--if you haven't tried them yet, you don't know what you're missing!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces smucker's sugar-free caramel topping
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Blend all crust ingredients at low speed until crumbly.
- Press half (about 3 cups) into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine caramel and flour, set aside.
- Sprinkle warm crust with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until filling sets.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
My family really enjoyed these. I followed the recipe exactly as writen. Made for Fall PAC 2009.