Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wow! So much taste for such a healthy cookie! I found these on "Eating Well", and they were contributed by Beverly rosenber.. They are called "Bev's chocolate chip cookies" on that site. I made a few changes, which I will put in parenthesis...
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (I replaced it with half almond flour, half 5 grain whole rolled cereal)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (I used splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (I used splenda's brown sugar blend)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used sugar free chips)
- Preheat oven to 350, and coat two baking sheets with spray.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor,(or simply continue with recipe using my substitutes) Place in a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat Butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugr,brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat til smooth and creamy. With mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed til just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Dropthe dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart on the baking sheets. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time until firm around the edges and golden on top about15 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes and transfer to wire racks.