Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I have tweeked to lower the fat in the actual "Cream" part of this. My family thinks the cream taste like vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- In sauce pan bring water, butter & salt to a boil.
- Add flour all at once and stir until it forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, bating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tbsp onto greased baking sheet (parchment paper works well too).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside.
- Remove and discard soft dough inside puff.
- Let cool.
- In a bowl, beat milk, half & half, pudding mix, mix until throughly blended. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Blend in cream cheese.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Fill puffs, and replace tops.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.