Recipe by Palmtreesbend
I believe I have created a meatloaf that is actually lower in fat and full of flavor. This is the first meatloaf that I have made that did not turn into "Pizza" night!!! :) My family took seconds and thirds! NO leftovers with this one!!
Top Review by teresas
We really enjoyed this. It was a little on the mushy side so I would advice you to use the full amount of breadcrumbs if you like your meatloaf more firm. The flavors worked great together and it was so easy to prepare. I made it as posted and used the chili sauce as well. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2009 :)
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (I prefer the chili sauce as it gives more flavor) or 1⁄2 cup ketchup (I prefer the chili sauce as it gives more flavor)
- 1⁄2-1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (use your own judgement for the texture you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (or more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for meat and 3/4 cup ketchup and brown sugar.
- Add meat and mix with hands until just combined.
- Place into loaf pan (depending on the size of your loaf pan, you may actually get 2 loaves out of this recipe).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Mix together 3/4 cup ketchup and brown sugar.
- Place mixture over the top of loaf.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.