Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Modified Applebees' copy cat recipe adapted from a version of Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tequila
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons minced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced canned jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 2 cups corn chips, crumbled
- Combine first 8 ingredients then chicken in a medium bowl and allow to marinade for 2-3 hours.
- Combine the next set of dressing ingredients (ingredients up to the chicken) in a medium bowl, cover, and chill until needed.
- Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Arrange the cooked chicken in a baking pan, brush with prepared mexi-ranch dressing, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or just until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of crumbled chips.
- Serve with Spanish rice and pico de gallo or salsa.
This was good, but it didn't taste like the one from Applebee's. Also, while there might be a lot of ingredients, it was very easy to put together. I did leave out the jalapenos due to personal preference. It might just be because I left out the jalapenos, but the sour cream taste was a little overwhelming - I will definitely cut back on that next time.
Loved the dressing on the salad I made to go with the chicken and chips. Marinated the chicken for 5 hours and turned out great. Didn't put it into the oven, just let the cheese melt on it, then mixed with salad.