Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These wonderful muffins have a strawberry jam surprise in the middle.
Make and share this Lower-Fat Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Whisk together yogurt, butter, milk and egg in a bowl.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each cup; top with 1 teaspoons jam.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
These were pretty good. I substituted half a cup of whole wheat flour and they were still moist.