Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Lesley Chesterman, food editor of the Montreal Gazette. A reader requested a low-fat Ranch dressing or dip that was not sweet nor runny like many commercial low-fat Ranch dressings. Fat can further be reduced by using low-fat mayo.
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated onions
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise and buttermilk together.
- Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then fold in the chives.
- Keep refrigerated, covered, until ready to use (up to 8 hours).