Recipe by cjbamboo
I modified a couple of different recipes to create this decadent muffin! I make it as jumbo muffins, but it could also be done in regular size.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup non-fat soymilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
Cream cheese filling
- 1⁄3 cup fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Make filling: Combine cream cheese, egg whites and Splenda until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 for convection oven or 400 for regular oven.
- Spray pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Stir in wet ingredients until combined.
- Fill tins 2/3 full of batter.
- Place small amount of filling in each muffin.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes (for jumbo muffins).