Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These are really good low-fat cookies. They have a good consistency and flavor. I have made them so many times and my family loves them.
Top Review by Kree
Wow, these cookies are sensational! They're crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. I was on a quest for a delicious low fat cookie, and I've found it. The only change I made was to use egg beaters in place of the eggs. Thanks for this great and healthy recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- cinnamon, to roll cookies in
- sugar, to roll cookies in
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring mixture well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well to combine.
- Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely on wire racks.