Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a website called SparkPeople.com and while I don't claim this to be a totally low fat recipe, it is better than some. Plus it tastes darn good! Hope you like it!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 14 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray round casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- Fry ground beef or turkey until no longer pink.
- Stir in can of refried beans.
- Stir in salsa.
- Lay one tortilla in the bottome of the dish.
- Spread approximately 1/4 of the beef and bean mixture on top.
- Sprinkle approximately 1/4 c of cheese over the beef and bean mixture.
- Continue to layer, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until hot and cheese on top is lightly browned.
This is very good and easy. However, I think it needs a little more also. I served mine with a side of rice and a tossed salad. Next time I may add the rice to the meat mix and add in some sour cream. But simple and quick which is always a good thing. Congratulations on your football win.
Congratulations on your football pool win!! This is a good recipe but it had slightly too many refried beans and needed more contents.