Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a kid favorite, and every time I serve it I have happy people. It is a curry, but not TOO curry, you can make it spicier with an chopped chili pepper. Original Katsu chicken is made with fried chicken, and I have included the instructions for that one on another recipe.
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste (2.5cm of fresh ginger grated)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions
- 1 chopped red chilies or 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, cored peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 600 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- mix curry powder, red curry paste, ginger paste, garlic, and the 1/2 apple, oil,and onions in food processor until smooth.
- cook mixture in large skillet/sauce pan for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- add 2 tablespoons of plain flour and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- slowly pour in chicken stock and keep stirring.
- add oyster sauce, salt, brown sugar.
- bring to low boil, add chicken stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- in a separate bowl mix 2 tbs of corn starch with 2 tablespoons water, stir til smooth.
- add to sauce and stir while it thickens up.
- to make it spicier, add chili paste, or a chopped red chili.
- serve over white rice (jasmine, or a sticky white rice), shredded cabbage, japanese pickles.