Recipe by M.F.P.
This is great with pita chips or fresh cut veggies for dipping. Also good as a spread for wraps. You can mix it up and add cilantro/ lime (omitting the lemon), roasted red peppers, or even artichoke hearts. YUM!!! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. By the way you can find tahini in most health sections of the market. I've seen mine at Fred Meyer and Trader Joe's.
Top Review by chilipepper
This is a great recipe! I added roasted red peppers and that made the hummus a beautiful color and gave it a wonderful taste. The only thing I would change next time is I will use a little less salt. I'm trying to cut back on salt.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream (or greek yougurt)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Process all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 40 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and chill until the flavors have blended, at least 30 minutes.
- Serve cold.
- Note: The hummus can be refrigerated, wrapped tightly for up to 2 days.