Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for breakfast or a quick snack, this better-for-you version can be made to suit your taste in fruit.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (can omit and use 3/4 cup dried fruits of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple, chopped (or any dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds and wheat germ.
- In a small bowl, stir the honey and apple juice concentrate until combined. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture in baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until granola is browned. (Stir more frequently during last 15 minutes of bake time).
- Remove from oven; stir in raisins and dried fruit.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Serving size = 1/2 cup. WW Flex = ~ 3 points/serving.
This didn't taste low fat at all!! Loved the added bonus of the apple juice!! Didn't taste very much in the cereals - but probably with dried apples - would have tasted more!! Couldn't find dried apples so used some dried cranberries. Didn't toast the wheat germ before hand. Had trouble mixing the honey with the apple juice - so "zapped" it in the microwave for 30 seconds - that did the trick!! Thanks Susie! :)