Recipe by Monica #7
It's surprisingly easy to cut the fat in your granola. Bake It Low And Slow! Cook your granola nice and slowly and at a low temperature. This will help to make the granola nice and crunchy without the need for oil.
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, raisins, apricots and cranberries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, Honey, water, Maple syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk or yogurt. Yield: 9 cups.