This is another of the recipes I have collected in my attempt to find healthier recipes. I am saving it for my next party. Usually it is fairly easy to translate British recipes so that they make sense to folks in the United States. However, sometimes you run into a food item that is more difficult to translate. In the case of this recipe the difficulty lies with 'butter beans' which can apparently mean different things in the States vs the UK. So, for this recipe, butter beans mean the variety of bean that is like a white lima bean. This recipe was first published in the September 2006 issue of the British version of Weight Watchers Magazine. The recipe says it can be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the green onions, garlic, beans, cream cheese,lemon zest and parsley into a blender or food processor.
- 2Add salt and plenty of black pepper.
- 3Blend for 15 to 20 seconds, until smooth.
- 4Spoon into a bowl, garnish with the reserved onion and parsley.
- 5Serve with fresh vegetable pieces.
- 6FREEZING: Put into a freezer proof bag or container and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost thoroughly before eating.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Fat Garlic White Bean Dip - With Freezing Directions
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.9
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.8 mg
- Sodium 1373.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of