Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This is another of the recipes I have collected in my attempt to find healthier recipes. I am saving it for my next party. Usually it is fairly easy to translate British recipes so that they make sense to folks in the United States. However, sometimes you run into a food item that is more difficult to translate. In the case of this recipe the difficulty lies with 'butter beans' which can apparently mean different things in the States vs the UK. So, for this recipe, butter beans mean the variety of bean that is like a white lima bean. This recipe was first published in the September 2006 issue of the British version of Weight Watchers Magazine. The recipe says it can be frozen.
- 2 green onions, trimmed and chopped (reserve a little to garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can butter beans (white lima beans)
- 7 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 small lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped (reserve a little to garnish)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the green onions, garlic, beans, cream cheese,lemon zest and parsley into a blender or food processor.
- Add salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl, garnish with the reserved onion and parsley.
- Serve with fresh vegetable pieces.
- FREEZING: Put into a freezer proof bag or container and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost thoroughly before eating.