1/1 Photo of Lower Fat Easy Banana Cake
1 hr 10 mins
A tweaked version of Baby Kato's Kato's Easy Banana Cake My thanks to Baby Kato for the basic recipe that survived all my tweaks & still produced an excellent cake! The texture is light & the cake is very moist. I made 1/2 the recipe last night & ate some warm from the oven.It was marvelous but the true test of a low fat cake is will it "still love me tomorrow" ;-) I had some for breakfast & it was still just as good with none of that strange texture that often accompanies low fat baked goods. You would NEVER guess that it's low fat! Note: Baking time for 1/2 recipe (8X8 pan) was 32 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream (1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce would probably work also)
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 2 cups bananas, overripe, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9"-X-13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Stir the lemon juice into the milk. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the white sugar.
- 4Stir in the sour cream (or applesauce), Splenda & egg substitute. Add the bananas and vanilla & butter flavoring.
- 5Sift the flours, salt, baking powder & soda together. Add them to the banana mixture.
- 6Add the milk to the banana mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 7Pour batter into the prepared pan & bake for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned & firm in the center.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Fat Easy Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute